Saturday, November 14, 2009

Podcasts

When I began exploring the many websites available for locating podcasts, I was amazed at the resources available that I could use in my classroom. I found a great podcast on Podcast Pickle, called "Notes in Spanish-Intermediate". It is two people, one Spain native, and a guy named Ben, who has been living in Spain for awhile. They create podcasts about various topics, and I found that many of the topics they talk about are not only rich in cultural topics, but include a lot of the vocabulary that my students are learning. The topics also coincide nicely with the topics on the New York State regents exam. You can also reach this specific podcast from their website, Notes in Spanish, and can then access various levels of podcasts in Spanish.

I could use these podcasts as listening practice for my students, to enhance their comprehension abilities, and teach culture at the same time. This also allows my students to hear an authentic accent, which they don't get when the listen to me read the passages on their exams. I think that this podcast could have great potential in my classroom!

1 comment:

  1. I listened to the beginning of the podcast and found it well done. It was interesting that the native-speaker corrected the language learner's mistake in one of the first exchanges, but in a very natural way.

    I've added this podcast to my own Delicious account. Thanks for finding it!

    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete