Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Creating Objects for use with Flickr


I decided to visit the website Big Huge Labs. It is a website designed for creating images with photos found or posted on flickr. For example, you can make posters, magazine covers, mosaics, jigsaw puzzles, collages, maps, mini photo albums, calendars, wallpapers, cd covers, billboards, comics, and much more.

I chose to make a comic out of a bullfight photograph that I found on flickr. I would not necessarily use this particular photograph in my classroom, but I would use this website and have my students create their own comic strips for various pictures. For example, if we are doing a unit on art, I may have my students choose a work of art, and create captions for the people in the art. This not only has the students using language, but requires them to think about the context in which the work of art was developed.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you do have a chance to use some of the Flickr photos. I like your idea of using captions for works of art.
    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete