Saturday, September 19, 2009

Social Networking

On the social networking website, Ning.com, I was able to locate a social network that has potential to be extremely useful in my classroom.

The "La Casa Rojas-Podcast" social network is a website with uploaded podcasts by native speakers of the Spanish language.

The podcasts could be screened, and then played for the students in my classroom. I could have the students respond to the podcasts, write essays, respond orally, or answer questions about the podcast they heard as a method of assessing listening comprehension.

This also allows the students to hear native speakers, and develop their listening comprehension skills. Since I'm not a native speaker of Spanish, it's essential to create opportunities for the students to be exposed to native use of the language.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you found a social network that will work so well for you.
    Dr. Burgos

    ReplyDelete